") describes the manner in which we collect, use and disclose your personal information when you use our website at www.slidr.com
, our Slidr application, our electronic services, social networking sites, interactive features, online services, or any of our described online activities (together, the "Website
We take the privacy of our Website users very seriously. We ask that you read this Policy carefully as it contains important information about how we will process your personal data.
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this Policy regularly to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access the Website.
Information about us
The Website is operated by Slidr UK Limited incorporated in England and Wales under company number 09152411 and having its registered office address at Level 5, 2 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AP ("we"/"our").
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the "data controller" (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
The information we collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, residential address, email address and payment details) in a number of circumstances including but not limited to:
- when you register an account with the Website;
- when you subscribe to our mailing list;
- when you make a purchase using the Website; or
- if you contact us in relation to a query.
We may obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it to us; by volunteering such information you signify your consent to our processing it for the purposes listed in this Policy.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources, which we will add to the information we already hold about you for the purposes listed in this Policy.
How we will use the information about you
We may use personal data collected for the purposes of:
- processing any orders you may make;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- notifying you of any changes to the Website or to our products or services that may affect you;
- personalising our service to you;
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
- marketing—see 'Marketing’ below;
- security, fraud prevention and detection;
- improving our products and services; and
- complying with our legal obligations.
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this Policy.
We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of the Website or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further 'Your rights', below.
If you have given permission, we may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) about products and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us or our business partners, you can opt out at any time. See further 'Your rights', below.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our agents and contractors;
- third parties we think may be of interest to you; and
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
How we protect your information
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a unique password that you have created;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may transfer your personal data to a jurisdiction outside the European Economic Area if in our discretion such transfer is necessary or desirable for our purposes as described in this Policy. Certain of those jurisdictions may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the UK. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purposes of compliance and improving our customer services.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com
. We may make a small charge for this service.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you; and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing (an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that says 'Unsubscribe' is acceptable);
- provide us with enough information to identify you; and
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (e.g. email), please specify the channel you are objecting to.
How to contact us
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you would like to contact us please send an email to email@example.com